8 Reasons to Join a Coworking Space and a Brief Explanation of What It Is
More and more professionals today opt for coworking spaces instead of conventional offices or working from home. This format has plenty of objective advantages — yet some people hesitate to switch to it because they don't fully understand its essence. In this article, you'll find an explanation of what coworking is and how you can benefit from it.
What Is a Coworking Space
A coworking space is a large, modern and well-equipped facility where several businesses work side by side under one roof. These businesses don't need to have anything in common and might belong to diverse spheres of activity: IT, design, media, fashion, education and so on. Plus, there will be many freelancers and self-employed individuals on the premise who work solo.
Each business can hire either one desk, several desks or a corner. Depending on the rules and tariffs of the space, you can either stick to one desk or choose a new one each time.
All coworking members get access to the common infrastructure: business-grade Wi-Fi, air conditioning, landline phone, the services of security guards and receptionists and so on. In addition to privately rented workspaces, there will be common areas: a kitchen, conference rooms, leisure zones. Most amenities should be included in the rental price. However, there might be some that you'll be required to pay extra for — you should ask about it before signing the rental contract.
8 Benefits of Coworking
People opt for coworking mostly for the subsequent reasons:
1. It's cheaper. Nearly anyone can afford to rent a desk. When you feel like terminating your contract, you can do it quickly and without extra penalties. You won't be required to sign a long-term agreement or pay large sums upfront.
2. Your schedule will remain flexible. Feel free to arrive or leave at any time, be at 5 am or 11 pm. Some facilities are open 24/7 and allow members to have a rest on sofas or in hammocks.
3. Most coworking spaces can boast of superb locations in downtown. You'll have all the necessary infrastructure at your arm's reach. When you need to meet a partner or a client, it will take you just a few minutes to commute to any part of the city center.
4. The stylish premise will contribute to the image of your company. People will see a prestigious address on your business cards. When you invite them to a conference room for a presentation, they will be impressed by the interior.
5. Coworking boosts productivity. You will be shy to spend too much time procrastinating because everyone else around is genuinely busy. At the same time, you won't be wasting time on formalities, as in a conventional office.
6. Apart from sitting at your desk, you can join weekly or monthly events that many coworking spaces organize for their members. These might be lectures, workshops, seminars, presentations, branches, parties and so on. Don't miss your chance to use these superb networking opportunities!
7. Sometimes we need to step out of our comfort zone. When you lack inspiration, are dissatisfied with your output and dream of a fresh start, switching to coworking should cheer you up. You'll get new emotions and impressions, your adaptation to a new environment will be exciting.
8. You'll never feel isolated (which often happens when working from home).
And of course, one of the most meaningful advantages in favor of coworking are opportunities for socialization. You'll meet dozens of people, all of them coming from different companies and spheres of activity. You'll be likely to find someone whom you were desperately looking for — such as a talented designer or a copywriter who can read your thoughts. You'll be constantly exchanging ideas, insights and recommendations with surrounding people, improving your products or services.
Now you know what a coworking space is and how you can benefit from it. Try to think objectively whether this format suits your business and personal tastes — if yes, don't hesitate to move in! Coworking spaces inspire achievements and encourage people to work at full capacity. The demand for such an approach is consistently growing on a global scale. Think proactively, join the promising trend and make the most of your new workspace and connections!